Solid calorimeter test stand
From Hall A Wiki
EC test for SoLID
- DAQ: done!
Hardware: Done! VME based: CPU(VxWorks) + TI + 2V792 + NIM modules ---> can handle 64 channels Software: CODA 2.6.2 is already installed, and configuration is done! Decoding is done!
- 2D table: done!
It can be operated interactively through serial connectors.
- MaPMT related issues:
Yi is asking Carl for a H8500 H8500 ---> Socket: "SQT-118-01-L-D SAMTEC"; 2 rows, 18*2 pins, 16 pins for signal, 1 of no use, others are GND V792 ---> Socket for "3431-5202 Header-type male connectors"; 17*2 pins, 16 pins for singal, 1 of no use, others are GND
- Black Box: done!
Size: roughly 1m x 1m x 1m
- LED related issues: done!
pulser and LED board on hand, I am working on it... LED system specs: 3 pulsed LED and 1 continuous LED BLUE light, 470nm(2.637ev), 20mA current nominal luminous intensity: 232mcd (232*1e-3*4pi/62)*6.2415093433e+18/2.637 = 1.1e+17 photon/s
- 1.Calibrate ADC channels
Using a generator to produce a well known amplitude signal to calibrate ADC: ADC counts <-> Charge WaveTek model 80 from 3He lab
- 2.Gain VS Voltage scan (H8500: -200V <---> -1100V)
Relative gain VS voltage curve: Sinle channel measurement is enough Setup: LED -> fiber -> Any single pixel -> Readout Or no fiber: LED -> Any single pixel -> Readout Absolute gain calibration: Yi has a photon calibration tube, I can use it to calibrate the absolute gain.
- 3.Determine a low gain range for SoLID preshower
- 4.Uniformity measurement at low gain case
No fiber is needed in this test, open cathode Challenge: A uniform distributed light should be produced -> need to figure out,Yi has experience on this Setup: Uniform light -> open cathode -> 64 channels readout -> uniformity
- 5.Cross talk measurement
Size of a Pixel: 5.8mm X 5.8mm Setup: LED -> fiber -> pixel -> readout(surrounded pixels) As suggested by Yi, do a position dependent cross-talk study ---> scan fiber within a pixel to see the cross-talk effect
- 6.Test with Pre-shower tile
Test results and weekly meeting
- Gain measurement by using scope: plot A typical signal of H10966 (Voltage = -450v): signal
- 2014-5-14 pdf
- V792 Specs
Input range 0 ---> 400 pC : 0 -> 2.5E9 electrons Gain per ADC channel: 100fC/channel : 6.25E5 electrons/channel If we set PMT Gain to 5E3 single photon electron location: 0.008*(amplifier) channel MIP location(assume 40 p.e): 0.32*(amplifier) channel (16 amplification--> channel 5)
- H10966 Specs (Wouter's MaPMT)
- for MAPMT test
- DAQ computer 1
- VME crate 1
- VME module of CPU 1, trigger 1, LED control with LED 1, ADC 1
- NIM crate 1
- NIM module, discriminator 1, Lin Fan-in/out 1, logic unit 1, translator 1, gate/delay 1
- HV power supply 1
- XY movement rack and controller 1
- WLS fiber, some
- MAPMT (H8500 or similar) 1
- dark box 1
- oscilloscope 1
- now in Xiaochao's office
- PS726 level translator, SN12263 (HallC), SN21372,SN20024
- PS974 quad gate/delay generator, SN25806, SN25805
- PS744 quad linear gate Fan-in/out, SN18944 (problem)
- PS740 quad linear Fan-in/out, SN12818 (HallC),SN12456
- PS710 Octal Discriminator, SN18893 (HallC)
- bought by Xiaochao, The serial numbers are from Ramesh's record.
- 3x PS706 SN: 24509,24510, 24511.
- 1x PS755 SN: 24508
- 4x PS757 4 out of 9, 24472, 24473, 24506, 24507, 24455, 24456, 25618, 25807, 25808, record mixed UVa with JLab properties
- 2 scalers, either SIS3820 or 3821. I don't have the SN#
- according to Albert
1. PS706 SN: 24510- we use L HRS.
2. PS706 SN: 24511- we use L HRS
3. PS755 SN: 24508- we use L HRS
4. PS757 SN: 25807- in cabinet.
About rest, I don't see in my list.