Spin Flip/NMR Signal Phase Analysis
From Hall A Wiki
Revision as of 17:51, 29 July 2008 by Jinhuang
This article also serve as part of spin flip manual.
The Phase Analysis window double checks the spin state by taking information of both channel of Lock-In Amplifier. It's GUI looks like below:
- Phase Range Setup / Spin Up Slide Bar : if the phase of NMR signal peak is in this range, then the final state will be count as spin up.
- Phase Range Setup / Spin Down Slide Bar : if the phase of NMR signal peak is in this range, then the final state will be count as spin down.
- NMR Signal Phase Plot : NMR signal phase through all scan
- NMR Amp. Threshold : If peak of NMR signal is above this level, then, in the view of this GUI, it will be count for a valid spin flip
- NMR Signal Amplitude Plot : NMR signal amplitude through all scan. The amplitude is calculated by square root sum of square of both Lock-In X and Y Channel (with background subtraction).
- Peak Amp./mV : the max point of NMR signal in mV
- Peak Phase /Degree : the phase of NMR signal. It's actually approximated by average of phase of any data point, whose amplitude is above 90% of peak amplitude.
- Spin Expected : The final spin state is the flip is successful
- Spin Calculated : the measured spin