From Hall A Wiki
Revision as of 13:28, 8 February 2019 by Sanghwa
Start-up run plan
Item 1-4 to be done by the MCC. RC will be at the MCC and help communicating with the shift crew.
- Beam and target alignment
1. Beam to the dump. Septum off, no target. 2. ion chamber calibrations. Yves has a special target to insert. 3. Beam and target alignment (1x1 raster, carbon hole target, wire target, S3 scintillator. setting ready for Yves). 4. Set corrector magnets with septum on. Beam to dump. Will be done quickly.
Once Yves is done and MCC is ready to deliver CW beam to Hall A:
- Detector checkout:
- do in parallel with optics runs.
- Check online replay plots. Experts will be at the CH to check.
- scaler rates: post snapshots to halog
- Optics calibrations (Experts: Bogdan, John, Vardan, ...)
- initial tune: p0: 1.1 GeV, polarity: LHRS (pos), RHRS (neg)
Left Arm: Q1: 1.1 GeV - 152.823 Amps Q2: 1.1 GeV - 449.460 Amps Q3: 1.1 GeV - 528.275 Amps
Right Arm: Q1: 1.1 GeV - 146.762 Amps Q2: 1.1 GeV - 449.218 Amps Q3: 1.1 GeV - 528.000 Amps