TDIS Bi-monthly meeting, 2018 April 17
From Hall A Wiki
- Rachel provided an update on various simulation tasks (all on-going), including:
- Solenoid field influence on electron drift (seems acceptable overall);
- GEM simulation to study ion backflow (seems reasonable for Ar:CO2 mix, but a software issue is suspected for He:CH4 mix);
- Lambda decay background in kTDIS (results indicate one may have an handle on those);
- Beam background on detectors ("first glance").
- Dipangkar presented a drawing of a device to test the target cell: resistance to pressure (up to 2bars), sagging, etc. Most parts have already been ordered.
- Ed provided an udate on the test stand:
- JLab will get a Common Readout Unit ordered by BNL;
- a rigid design of the Front-End-Cards have been submitted to vendors; one of them offered to produce 5 units for ~$10k (vs ~$15k); at such a price, they consider ordering 2 more.
- 11:00 AM, JLab meeting room: CC A110
- To join the Meeting:
- To join via Room System:
- Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-18.104.22.168
- Meeting ID : 550335940
- To join via phone :
- +1.408.740.7256 (United States)
- +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)
- +1.408.317.9253 (Alternate number)
- (see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers)
- Enter Conference ID : 550335940