TDIS Bi-monthly meeting, 2019 October 8
From Hall A Wiki
Present: Paul, Eric P., Carlos, Bogdan, Arun, Eric F. (on site); Dipangkar, Nilanga, Rachel.
- Discussion about target roller: Target will use kapton sheet if 12 um, coated with a small layer of glue, and plan is to make double layer for 24um total. If pressure tests are not conclusive with such a design, one may tweak it. Inserting a thin mesh (e.g. of carbon fiber) between both layers was suggested.
- NSF grant: one of the reviewers strongly advised to demosntrate the feasibility of the detector with a one module prototype. Would need short target, maybe magnetic field, but beam is not mandatory (although preferable) - one may use the UVA photon source.
- Front-end: Nilanga will visit SBU so they can share their experience with the SAMPA chip.
- Other business:
- TDIS Doc-DB is now available publicly;
- suggestion to move meeting to 11am (because it turns out most people are now available at that time slot). Nobody argued against. Suggested to Thia, who agreed.
Full reschedule with doodle for next semester.
- 10:30 AM, JLab meeting room: TED 2561A
- To join the Meeting:
- To join via Room System:
- Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-126.96.36.199
- Meeting ID : 550335940
- To join via phone :
- +1.408.740.7256 (United States)
- +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)
- +1.408.317.9253 (Alternate number)
- (see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers)
- Enter Conference ID : 550335940