TDIS Bi-monthly meeting, 2021 February 23
- Rachel: status on mTPC digitization;
- all: any other business;
Discussions about mTPC digitization: SAMPA pulse actually slightly more complicated than APV pulse (APV assumes N=1):
f(t) = ((t-t0)/tau)^N exp(-N((t-t0)/tau))
Questions/Comments from Nilanga:
- from GEMs (solid, sbs), the microscopic details do not matter that much;
- photons: some will hit copper instead of GEM foil. Photoproduced electrons have sizeable energies;
Questions from Steve:
- can we accomodate the pad size?
- having a constant number of pad as function of radius can really help in the perspective of machine learning analysis.
- Time for 1 million events? 1 h? (consistent with current sbsdig_lw speed) (need to define what is one event)
Question from Ed:
- Time of the sampling: when is the sampling started wrt the beginning of the pulse? needs to be randomized like GEMs.
Question from Ed to Salina: Will she use the BNL FEC for the mTPC prototype? question of connectors ($15 each but can only be bought in large quantities), could be sorted out by getting "free samples"? Design of the card is needed to finalize the prototype design.
- 11:00 AM *ONLINE ONLY*
- To join the Meeting:
- To join via Room System:
- Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-18.104.22.168
- Meeting ID : 550335940
- To join via phone :
- +1.408.740.7256 (United States)
- +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)
- +1.408.317.9253 (Alternate number)
- (see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers)
- Enter Conference ID : 550335940