Difference between revisions of "Thursday, February 18, 2016 4PM ET"
(New page: Previous meeting: Thursday, Febuary 4, 2016 10AM ET Task list: 1. Collimator design and shielding (Rakitha) Collimator Designing: Designing the beam intercepting collimator (Primary...)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Previous meeting: [[Thursday,
Previous meeting: [[Thursday, 4, 2016 ET]]
Revision as of 14:40, 17 February 2016
Previous meeting: Thursday, February 4, 2016 4PM ET
1. Collimator design and shielding (Rakitha)
Collimator Designing: Designing the beam intercepting collimator (Primary collimator) collaborating with engineering
Shielding: Shielding beam intercepting collimator to minimize the radiation dose, especially neutron radiation.
2. Pion rate (Rakitha, Ciprian, Scott Mundy(W&M))
Study the pion rate as well as maintain/develop a reliable pion generator.
3. Target length optimization (???)
Play with target length (try 1.25m) to check the correlations of backgrounds, maybe the systematic error can be better than 1.5m design.
4. optical simulation (Yuxiang, anybody else?)
Can be separated in to two parts, 1)Gas scintillation simulation with different light guide design, 2) real quartz simulation with different light guide design and different "cut" on quartz
5. Detector prototype (Yuxiang)
6. Background study and systematic error study (Yuxiang)
Maintain the analysis framework of systematic error estimation. Play with the quartz segmentation to study the correlations between different backgrounds.
- MOLLER Shielding and Detector Background Update by Rakitha slides