Thursday, January 19, 2017 4PM ET
Previous meeting: Thursday, October 27, 2016 4PM ET
1. Collimator design and shielding (Rakitha/Cameron/Rakitha's new student)
Collimator Designing: Designing the beam intercepting collimator (Primary collimator) collaborating with engineering
Shielding: Shielding beam intercepting collimator to minimize the radiation dose, especially neutron radiation.
2. Pion rate (Rakitha, Ciprian, Scott Mundy(W&M))
Study the pion rate as well as maintain/develop a reliable pion generator.
3. Target length/radial coverage of three sectors optimization (UVa)
Play with target length (try 1.25m) to check the correlations of backgrounds, maybe the systematic error can be better than 1.5m design.
4. optical simulation (Yuxiang, Brad, Ryan)
Can be separated in to two parts, 1)Gas scintillation simulation with different light guide design, 2) real quartz simulation with different light guide design and different "cut" on quartz
5. Detector prototype (Yuxiang/Sakib/Cameron) use simulation to optimize the design
6. Background study and systematic error study (Yuxiang/UVa group)
Maintain the analysis framework of systematic error estimation. Play with the quartz segmentation to study the correlations between different backgrounds. It is related to task 3.
7. Detector and Spectrometer Studies (Sakib, Juliette)
8. CAD of Moller (Cameron)
Work to implement the reflector and lightguide designs that were tested at Mainz this Summer into the CAD maintained at Stony Brook.
Iterate CAD limitations with the radiation dose branch results.
9. ShowerMax simulation (Brad)
KK's list from the response of directory's review:
- the Qweak double-difference systematic estimate (go beyond crude estimate presented by Kent on the second morning in closed session) for both quartz and shower-max detectors
- State of the art radiative corrections for both signal and background processes to be incorporated (I thought we have this already?)
- excess noise (I guess just background estimate for now) in detectors after completing shielding design (in our plans)
- scattering of primary beam due to fringe fields in central beam pipe from broken symmetries in toroid alignment
- radiation damage quantified in nose of hybrid coil to ensure epoxy will survive
- consistent and actionable approach to sensitivity analysis for both backgrounds and helicity correlated effects to specify manufacturing tolerances on spectrometer
- mu+mu- pair production in target for both primary detectors and pion detectors
- splash back from showermax detectors on main detectors
- crosstalk due to showering in detector support structures
- Mott scattering in full MOLLER geometry (why has this been singled out?)
- optimize quartz detector segmentation to minimize systematic error due to background subtraction
- backscattering from beam dump: impact on pion detectors and main detectors
- excess noise main detectors due to background from beam dump
put your slides here