Difference between revisions of "Thursday, May 21, 2015, 11:00am EDT - Compton"
|Line 40:||Line 40:|
== Minutes ==
== Minutes ==
Revision as of 12:20, 21 May 2015
*********BLUEJEANS CALL-IN INSTRUCTIONS********* ---------------------------------------------------- 1. Dial Toll-Free Number: 1-888-240-2560 (U.S. & Canada) 2. International participants dial: Toll Number: 1-408-740-7256 3. Enter meeting ID:140287970
Meeting room=F227 in Cebaf Center
- Update on test at 2 pass (Gaskell) pdf
- Lots of DAQ work planned for this summer (Bob - if available)
- Remove old Saclay counting DAQ
- Put in new photon counting DAQ
- How will this impact electron detector?
- VETROC tests
- Updates from Alexandre - did we learn anything from the little bit of beam we took?
- Cannot get closer than 22 mm
- Run 1370 : 1857 triple coincidence ABD, 1634 no hit plane C, 223 hits plane C at thresold 21 : 12 % efficiency though cannot conclude since it could be photons and corellated noise
- Updates from Manitoba
- Analyzer - would be nice if we could get background subtracted asymmetries from 2 pass data.
- Bob has put the analyzer on GitHub: https://github.com/rwmichaels/compton
- Plans for upgrades or improvements this summer?
- Primary goal is implementing polarization setting and monitoring a la Hall C.
- Other tasks: Gather spares, get laser lab fully functional
[list=1] [*] Dave should get the Bluejeans stuff working properly - this will make life easier for future meetings. [*] Dave went over 2 pass commissioning stuff - a lot of things went well! [*] Electron detector commissioning trickier - at "22 mm"from beam , Alex starting seeing more rate in photon detector, ion chambers tripped. Info from BPM between dipoles 3-4 suggests beam might have been at larger y than expected.