Thursday, October 19, 2017 4PM ET
Previous meeting: Thursday, October 5, 2017 4PM ET
Tasks for Simulation group to track:
- 1) Wouter -- Pion Simulation (Muon Pair Production): could be significant for pion detector
- 2) Pion and Simulation Group -- Simulation/Pion (Hyperon background estimation): Strategy to evaluate the hyperon bkgd using full suite of detectors
- 3) Seamus and Yury -- General/Simulation (Radiative corrections for all physics processes): Incorporate radiative corrections for e-e and inelastic e-p scattering
- 4) David and Seamus -- Simulation/Tracking (Optics collimator for Q2): simulated Q2 analysis and the use of tracking GEMs and special collimation
- 5) LA Tech and SBU -- Simulation/Shielding and Activation : Optimizing the shielding design and develop first order practical design that can be passed to engineers, Radiation load on target clam-shell (o-ring) and magnet coils, Activation studies for various components.
- 6) TBD -- Detectors/Simulation (Slit scattering bkgd): Comprehensive note summarizing the elimination of all 1-bounce and leading 2-bounce sources
Tasks which overlap with Integrating Detector Subgroup:
- 7) Pion Group -- Pion Simulation (Beamdump bkgd impact): beamdump bkgds may affect some detectors
- 8) Manitoba and SBU -- Detectors/Simulation (PMT backgrounds): Comprehensive estimate of all bkgds at the main detector PMTs
- 9) UVA Group -- Detector/Simulation (Main detector geometries): Optimize radial and azimuthal ring dimensions to optimize background asymmetry correction determination and systematic (Yuxiang's approach)
- 10) UVA Group -- Simulation (PMT double difference): From Qweak experience, evaluate upper limit to possible systematic from A_T in showerMax and thin quartz
- 11) SBU Group Detectors/Simulation (ShowerMax splashback): Estimate possible bkgds in main detector PMTs from shmx splashback
- 12) SBU Group -- Detectors/Simulation (Detector shielding optimization): Figure out the configuration of heavy- and light-Z shielding (First need shielding Geometry)
- 13) SBU Group -- Detectors/Simulation (Crosstalk evaluation): Evaluate impact on specific detector measurements of bkgd from other sources
1) Discuss a time/day or phase change in our fort-nightly schedule to accommodate schedule changes at SBU
2) Rakitha will start leading these meetings next time
put your slides or links to elogs here
Attendance: Cameron, KK, Dustin, Paul King, Rakitha, Wouter, Kurtis, Ciprian
- Possible meeting next Thursday during the DNP meeting.
- Rakitha will start leading these meetings in November.
- Ciprian is continuing with Yuxiang's background analysis at the detector plane. Removing exiting-hits is now necessary.
- Cameron has continued hybrid and collimator 1 area shielding simulations and has resolved some errors from before. A presentation can be made soon.
- Rakitha and LA Tech have been working on the upstream target shielding in the Moller beamline, including the clamshell design from E158. Fluka activation simulations are underway as well.
- Wouter is working on incorporating submodules into remoll to allow separation of the geometry work from the main simulation code.
- The acceptance defining collimator should be reduced to a smaller external radius if possible (first acceptance defining collimator radius = 150mm and second acceptance defining collimator radius = 254mm according to the current MOLLER CAD at SBU) - Cameron will work with Rakitha if any simulation geometry or two-bounce code changes are necessary.