Thursday, September 29, 2016, 10:00am EDT - Compton
From Hall A Wiki
Revision as of 16:58, 27 September 2016 by Gaskelld
*********BLUEJEANS CALL-IN INSTRUCTIONS********* ---------------------------------------------------- 1. Dial Toll-Free Number: 1-888-240-2560 (U.S. & Canada) 2. International participants dial: Toll Number: 1-408-740-7256 3. Enter meeting ID:140287970 Desktop sharing: https://bluejeans.com/140287970
Meeting room=F228 in Cebaf Center
- Ole is getting serious about turning off compton-old
- I've copied some stuff to /home/compton/compton_old on the new machine
- Check and see if there's anything I've missed that you think is important (Alexandre...)
- VNC and StripTool now working
- Simulation: unified GEANT4-based Monte Carlo update
- Alignment was done last week. Laser table was several mm low --> likely due to replacement of laser table leg valve.
- Removed 5 W fiber amplifier and handed off to Shukui (Injector group) - he says it's working "fine," but hasn't looked at it with fast photo diode
- Installed 30 W amp
- Polarization direction found
- Producing 1-1.1 W at nominal 5 W out of fiber amp (similar to what we were getting before when things were working well).
- Not yet able to lock - tried to reproduce configuration and settings from previous running; no luck. Perhaps PZT response different for this seed laser?
- Detector installation
- Update from Juan Carlos and Abel
- Detector in Hall
- FSD and "photon stopper" valve: need to test masking
- Measured noise still ~ 20 mV. Too large
- QWAD tests: JLab (Hoskins/Camsonne)
- QWAD tests: Manitoba