Tuesday, January 19, 2016 10AM ET
Previous meeting: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 10AM ET
- Pion simulations
- Optical simualtions
Here is the task list we discussed for the coming year:
1. Background study and systematic error study (Yuxiang) Maintain the analysis framework of systematic error estimation. Play with the quartz segmentation to study the correlations between different backgrounds.
2. Target length optimization (???) Play with target length (try 1.25m) to check the correlations of backgrounds, maybe the systematic error can be better than 1.5m design.
3. Collimator design and shielding (Rakitha)
4. Pion rate (W&M, Rakitha, Ciprian) Study the pion rate as well as maintain/develop a reliable pion generator.
5. optical simulation (Yuxiang, anybody else?) Can be separated in to two parts, 1)Gas scintillation simulation with different light guide design, 2) real quartz simulation with different light guide design and different "cut" on quartz
6. Detector prototype (Yuxiang) Yuxiang will work with KK at SBU on this task.