From Hall A Wiki
- The results or output from COMGEANT are hits (position, or energy deposition in a calorimeter detectors)
- To save the disk space, these information are packed in the output ntuple files of comgeant. Therefore, these ntuples can not be directly read by PAW or converted to root.
- The purpose of the converter is to decode the information from comgeant ntuples and save them into normal cernlib ntuples, so that they can be converted into root format.
- Some special functions (made by Eugene) are used to decode the information out, and then saved.
- No Magic here :)
- Example of the decoder can be found at http://blinkin.krl.caltech.edu/progressive_tracking/decode.tgz