G2p Expert Shifts
From Hall A Wiki
Information for Expert Shift Workers
Below is a checklist of responsibilities for g2p student shift workers.
Here is the expert shift schedule
Student shift run sheets
Blank run sheets
- CHECK THAT 3rd SHIFT WORKER IS FILLING OUT RUN SHEETS FOR EVERY RUN!
- Monitor deadtime, check that prescale values are appropriate
- Monitor edtm scalers
- Check that correct CODA configuration is being used
- LHRS: LHRS
- RHRS: RHRS
- Check HRS and septum currents for consistency.
- Check BPM Strip chart for stable beam positions (BPMs are locked by MCC)
- Check beam charge asymmetry
- Check beam charge asymmetry for one run every 3~4 hours: type "asym L" or "asym R" or "asym TA" in adaq account, halog the result!
- Check charge asymmetry strip chart
- check BPM: type "spot++" or "spot_L" or "spot_R" in adaq account
- Monitor bleedthrough current
- Monitor target polarization
- Check that TO is actively adjusting nmr to maximize polarization.
- Check that target is moved to 2nd cup/annealed when polarization drops too low
- Do full replay for every run (front room will only replay 20,000 events)
- Check that all ROCs are getting gates
- Check the start-of-run and end-of-run information in the halog. If they are not right, stop the run and restart CODA.
- Do full replay for every run