Hadron DAQ re-installation
From Hall A Wiki
Plan/Checklist for Re-Installing the BigBite Hadron DAQ (including Neutron Detector).
Hadron Package DAQ
- Remove all NIM/CAMAC/VME modules that will not be used.
- Replace Linear Fi/Fo in second NIM bin.
- Verify functionality and low noise of x10 Amps, 50/50 Splitters, and Linear Fi/Fo.
- Recable all dE linear sums (L+R) from 50/50 splitters and to CAMAC Discriminators
- Recable all E (dE) from x10 Amplifiers (50/50 splitters) to CAMAC Discriminators
- Verify mapping of E and dE delay line from x10 Amplifiers to VME ADCs.
- Cable E and dE scintillators from Hadron Package to DAQ Weldment Patch Panels
- Move all target spin electronics to another location?
Neutron Detector DAQ
- Acquire 2 NIM bins (300W) from Electron Package Frontend
- Acquire 16 x10 Amplifiers (NIM Bin modules)
- Acquire 2-4 wire-tie panels.
- Acquire 16 CAMAC Discriminators
- Acquire all patch cables
- 240 for x10 Amp to discriminators
- 240 for x10 Amp to Delay Patch Panel
- 15 flat ribbon for Delay Patch Panel to FASTBUS ADCs (may already be there from Electron Package)
- 16 flat ribbon for discriminators to FASTBUS TDCs (may already be there from Electron Package)
- Install NIM bins and wire-tie patch panel in same rack as CAMAC crate.
- Install 8 x10 Amps per NIM Bin
- Verify functionality and low noise of x10 Amps.
- Cable up and map all patch cables
- Acquire TS-TIR handshake cable (RightHRS to BigBite Weldment)
- Acquire 2 RG-8 for L1A (RightHRS to BigBite Weldment)
- Acquire 4 RG-58 for redundant scaling of RightHRS triggers (RightHRS to BigBite Weldment)
- Initialize and startup Quasielastic MySQL database
- GUI to monitor F1TDC errors