MOLLER Pion Background Meeting Thursday, September 22, 2016 3:00pm EST
MOLLER wiki home:MOLLER_at_11_GeV_E09-005
Previous Meeting: MOLLER_Pion_Background_Meeting_Thursday,_September_15,_2016_3:00pm_EST
BlueJeans Call Information
Phone Number: 1-800-240-2560
Meeting ID: 624029893
- Scott: Implementation of lead wall and strawman pion detector. WM ELOG Pion sim 67
- Jacob: Starting to work on pion simulations.
- Initial plan: Implement single septant pion detector behind lead wall.
- To be placed behind Moller ring to begin with.
- Lead tungstate(PbWO_4) blocks.
- Wouter's initial concept of the pion detector geometry. (See image below)
- Any new business?
Attendees: Kurtis, Mark P., Seamus
Not Attending: David, Wouter, Scott, Jacob, KK, Rakitha
- Based on the need for this meeting to become weekly, many people have found this time inconvenient. So I will be sending around a Doodle poll to find a new meeting time.
- Mark P. mentioned that the original MIE proposal budget was large enough to include a six septant coverage with additional GEM planes for neutral identification/rejection at least for the Moller detection region.
- More thought is required to really determine if we need full phi coverage or is a reduced number of pion detectors will suffice.
- What Pi-/e- ratio do we need?
- This is the driving question that will effect the cost of the lead wall for the upcoming Directors's budget review.
- Scott's summer simulation results have been used to determine an initial pi-/e- ratio. He has already done simulations using the Wiser pion and Moller generators from 10 to 300 mm of lead wall thickness. At 250 mm, we see about a 1:1 pi-/e- ratio. New simulations are required beyond 250/300 mm to accurately determine a pi-/e- ratio greater than 1:1.