Monitoring the Beam Line
From Hall A Wiki
Back to SBS Shift How-To
To monitor the Hall A beam line components, run the following in a terminal to bring up a GUI that will show the magnet currents as a function of time:
ssh to adaq2 && ./start-beam-chart.sh [option]
The options are:
- main-monitor: A top level view of the beam line, including the differential momentum dp/p, beam mode (CW or tune), and select BPMs.
- raster: Tracks the raster magnet currents and set points.
- see-bpms: Tracks the beam position monitors (IPM1H04A and E), both x and y positions.
- bcms: Tracks the beam charge monitors.
- moller: Tracks the Moller quadrupole magnets, target, and dipole magnet.
- ion-chambers: Tracks ion chambers near the target pivot.
- orbit-lock: Tracks specific BPMs that are important for keeping the beam on the nominal orbit en route to the target.