From Hall A Wiki
This is a culmination of information about the Hall A Neutron Detector (or HAND for short).
Running the Neutron Detector
- Make sure the High Voltages are turned on
- This is done on the HV GUI (run from adev@adaql3)
- The important channels are listed in the Neutron Detector HV Map.
- This includes all channels in crate bbps1:2001, all of slots 0, 1, 2, and 3 in crate bbps:2002, and the up to channel L4.3 in slot 4
- If a High Voltage Alarm sounds, turn the channel off and then back on
- Run the RHRS CODA with the setting "RightHrs"
- Analyzing the RHRS using do_all(run#) will analyze the neutron detector data
- To view just the HAND data once replayed, use the command show_all(run#)
- It's the window where every group of histograms has labels that start with "ND"
- In general,
- the ADCs should look like this:
- and the TDCs should look this:
- If they don't, make a HAlog entry about it