Solid sim geant4
for record keeping only, don't use it!
(simulation in GEANT4 with GEMC 1.x used for later proposals and pCDR)
- 1 Solid simulation with GEMC
- 1.1 For new users
- 1.2 Quick start
- 1.3 General info
- 1.4 install GEMC for SoLID simulation
- 1.5 run GEMC with SoLID configuration
- 1.6 Solid mysql database
- 1.7 define geometry/material/sensitivity
- 1.8 magnetic field map
- 1.9 hit processing
- 1.10 simulation output
- 1.11 event generator
- 1.12 Visualization through GDML and directly through GEMC
- 2 Simulation Study
- 3 talks and notes
- 4 General thoughts
Solid simulation with GEMC
For new users
GEMC is a wrapper around genat4. It's like a great genat4 example code, but makes detector geometry, material, sensitivity etc outside of source code and loadable on run time. It also make simulation output into standard format and can take input from event generators. Read the general GEMC info on its website to learn what it is. In particular take a look at the GEMC tutorials.
SoLID GEMC is what we use GEMC to do SoLID simulation. It includes SoLID detector definition, running script, output analysis code etc.
Check out the quick start, installation and running guide to run GEMC with Solid configuration.
Finally you can go through rest of items to really start using it.
Many information are cross linked through pages even with SoLID hardware design and software analysis. So make sure to browse around.
- make sure you have no other environmental variable set at login which may have conflict with GEMC. one way to do it is to rename .cshrc and .login to something else and log out and then in again
on ifarm using pre-compiled GEMC instllation
svn checkout https://jlabsvn.jlab.org/svnroot/solid/solid_gemc cd solid_gemc/script source set_solid run_solid_CLEO_PVDIS_inter (this will show SoLID PVDIS setup) run_solid_CLEO_SIDIS_3he_inter (this will show SoLID SIDIS setup) run_solid_CLEO_PVDIS_batch (this will produce SoLID PVDIS output) run_solid_CLEO_SIDIS_3he_batch (this will produce SoLID SIDIS output)
on any machine using a local GEMC installation
download and install GEMC by following the installation instruction Solid_install svn checkout https://jlabsvn.jlab.org/svnroot/solid/solid_gemc modify solid_gemc/script/set_solid to your local setting and then source it If your machine is outside of Jlab network, try tunnel through jlab firewall with your jlab account to access solid database server, refer to Solid mysql database put a copy of SoLID CLEO magnetic field map file solenoid_CLEO.dat at where defined by the FIELD_DIR option then you can run the script like run_solid_CLEO_PVDIS_inter, run_solid_CLEO_SIDIS_3he_inter,run_solid_CLEO_PVDIS_batch, run_solid_CLEO_SIDIS_3he_batch refer to details in Solid_run
- GEMC website http://gemc.jlab.org (old http://clasweb.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/Gemc)
- GEMC SVN https://clas12svn.jlab.org/repos/clas12/gemc/tags/, WebSVN interface http://clasweb.jlab.org/websvn/prod/listing.php?repname=CLAS12&path=%2Fclas12%2Fgemc%2F&sc=1#_clas12_gemc_
- SoLID_SVN https://jlabsvn.jlab.org/svnroot/solid, WebSVN interface https://jlabsvn.jlab.org/solid/listing.php?repname=solid
general question, please email Zhiwen Zhao <firstname.lastname@example.org>
solgemc related question, please email Seamus Riordan <email@example.com>
Things to know
Use a graphic SVN to monitor code change with alert
GEMC ouput with unit MeV, mm, ns in flux and gen banks, we should keep the same unit for newly generated banks.
GEMC doesn't record passby particles which deposit zero energy in the sensitive area. To record it by option "-RECORD_PASSBY=1"
talks and notes
Solid simulation 2011/03 (Zhiwen)
SoLID Monte Carlo 2011/01 (Seamus)