Spin Flip/NMR Signal Phase Analysis
From Hall A Wiki
This article also serve as part of spin flip manual.
The Phase Analysis window double checks the spin state by taking information of both channel of Lock-In Amplifier. It's GUI looks like below:
- Phase Range Setup / Spin Up Slide Bar : if the phase of NMR signal peak is in this range, then the final state will be count as spin up.
- Phase Range Setup / Spin Down Slide Bar : if the phase of NMR signal peak is in this range, then the final state will be count as spin down.
- NMR Signal Phase Plot : NMR signal phase through all scan
- NMR Amp. Threshold : If peak of NMR signal is above this level, then, in the view of this GUI, it will be count for a valid spin flip
- NMR Signal Amplitude Plot : NMR signal amplitude through all scan. The amplitude is calculated by square root sum of square of both Lock-In X and Y Channel (with background subtraction).
- Peak Amp./mV : the max point of NMR signal in mV
- Peak Phase /Degree : the phase of NMR signal. It's actually approximated by average of phase of any data point, whose amplitude is above 90% of peak amplitude.
- Spin Expected : The final spin state is the flip is successful
- Spin Calculated : the measured spin