Sunday, November 16: OWL Shift
From Hall A Wiki
Go back to Daily Run Plan Daily Run Plans
- General considerations
- Rakitha Beminiwattha is the current Run Coordinator. Please contact me directly via RC phone 757-876-1787
- Follow the generic Instructions for shift takers
- Shift leaders: Please make sure to fill out the beam time accounting form and write a "Shift Summary" log entry at the end of your shift
- In general, technical staff should not be contacted by the shift crew - please call the RC first.
- If the run plan calls for some significant period of beam at 10 uA or greater please call Mahmoud Ahmad, who would like to perform a parasitic beam diagnostic test (no impact to us). His contact information will be written on the white board in the Counting House.
- Instructions for this shift
- The hall may be in Restricted Access at the beginning of shift. Once the target cooldown and other work in the hall is complete, we will return to Beam Permit.
- The first task will be completion of the Dump Ion Calibration test plan (this is driven by MCC).
- After completion of the Dump Ion Chamber Test plan, execute steps following steps of the "Beamline" run plan here.
- Initial BPM/Raster checks/Beam centering
- BPM Calibrations (Bullseye Scan) [1-2 hours]
- Superharp Scan with Raster off/on
- Note that we will NOT be going through the Compton chicane.
- If time remains, start spectrometer checkout and begin looking for HRS-calorimeter coincidences. For this part of the plan - contact Carlos (contact info on the white board). The calorimeter HV will need to be turned on and put in the correct position - this will be done by Carlos or his assigned substitute.
- Kinematics, DVCS Kin1: Ebeam = 7.3 GeV, PLHRS=2.71 GeV Theta_HRS=22.83 Theta_calo=12.35
- Make sure to use the DVCS configuration for all runs.