Thursday, December 18: DAY Shift
From Hall A Wiki
Go back to Daily Run Plan Daily Run Plans
- General considerations
- Pawel Nadel-Turonski is the current Run Coordinator. Please contact directly via RC phone 757-876-1787
- Follow the generic Instructions for shift takers
- Shift leaders: Please make sure to fill out the beam time accounting form and write a "Shift Summary" log entry at the end of your shift regardless if there is beam or not.
- In general, Hall technical staff should not be contacted by the shift crew - please call the RC first.
- The target operator is required to supervise the cryo-target.
- Make sure to use the DVCS CODA configuration for all runs (even when taking single arm HRS data).
- Note that ion chamber calibrations have ALREADY been done for: carbon (single foil), carbon (five-foil), LH2, and BeO. See this log entry for the first three and this log entry for BeO. The limits on the ion chambers for these targets were set up for currents up to 20 uA.
- Instructions for this shift
- Elastic setting: LHRS at 33.4 deg, Left HRS P0=3.2 GeV
- Beam current: ramp current from 5 to 20uA, Target: LH2
- Take LHRS run in GMp configuration
- prescale settings: ps1=1, ps3=1, ps7=1, all others to zero (T3 is the primary trigger, so increase prescale for T1 if needed)
- 40k elastic electrons, after all the cuts (Barak/Longwu will check this online to determine the time needed to run)
- Estimated time: 10 hrs at 20 uA
- Keep deadtime below 10%