Thursday, June 9, 2016 3:00pm EST
From Hall A Wiki
Previous Meeting: Thursday,_May_26,_2016_3:00pm_EST
BlueJeans Call Information
Phone Number: 1-800-240-2560
Meeting ID: 624029893
- Status of transferring the Rakitha modified Hall D pion generator over to remoll.
- The Hall D generator is now implemented in remoll.
- Dominic: Comparing Wiser generator to modified Hall D generator.
- Working on editing messenger class to allow use of Hall D generator.
- Scott: Implementation of lead wall and strawman pion detector.
- Initial Plots: http://dilbert.physics.wm.edu/MOLLER+Simulation/40 (W&M ELOG)
- Any new business?
Attendees: Kurtis, Rakitha, Dominic, Scott, Cip, David, Yuxiang, Seamus
Not Attending: Wouter
- Has ported over the hallD generator to remoll from remoll_solid.
- The code is now standalone and can be compiled in the ifarm environment.
- Rakitha: Already generated input files, located on the workdisk.
- Rakitha: Also having some troubles uploading documents to the MOLLER docDB. Seems to be making entries but the documents are not there.
- Rakitha: Talked with Bob Michaels about the issue, but still needs to figure out who runs the docDB.
- Working on the Wiser code to allow more than just pi- simulations. Seems to be working, but needs to be confirmed.
- Plans to pull Wouter's latest git commit with the new remoll Hall D/ Lund generators.
- Also has to modify the message class to allow the Hall D/ Lund simulations to run.
- Has already implemented a straw-man detector with a lead wall in front places as a group directly after the simple planner detector in the base remoll simulation.
- Initial simulations showed some interesting neutron back splash from the lead wall into the first detector.
- After looking at the energy distributions, it was determined that they are very low energy events(thermal neutrons).
- Scott continues to produces these initial plots.
- Rakitha would like to see the distribution of pions on the incoming detector(momentum and theta).
- Scott and Dominic will continue to plot here on the W&M ELOG.
- Link to the UVA ELOG: https://ace.phys.virginia.edu:80/
- David: Would like to see pion simulations with the full MOLLER detector system soon.