Wednesday, August 17, 2016 11:00am EST

From Hall A Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Last meeting: Wednesday, June 29, 2016 1:30pm EST


  • Discuss status of CDR
  • Magnet Review Meeting (early Oct.?)
    • Discuss possible agenda/dates
  • Summary of alignment meeting


Attending: Juliette, KK, Jim, Jason, Ernie

  • KK will check out the main file
    • Juliette will fix collimator section
    • Juliette will do a full read-through
    • Jim, Jason and Ernie will look at engineering in 1.3 (rev. 165)
    • early October absolute final date
    • CD1-style review early December
      • technical feasibility (not historical)
  • Magnet Review Meeting
    • Director's Review in early December
    • 1/2 day teleconference in "late" October (week of 24th)
    • Four coil scenario most important issue for this
      • Don't need much room for cases between coils
      • water connections should not be an issue
      • vacuum chamber - too long? or multiple chambers? - same single one chamber
    • "air core solenoid" under upstream magnet (low priority, solvable problem)
      • shield field
      • steering field
  • Summary of alignment meeting
    • positive; well-prepared for it
    • "mouse-trap" bell-jar idea
      • what if a coil needs to be replaced? - still get it with crane
      • have to disconnect from beamline
      • Jim, Jason, Ernie will make a pro/con list
    • Orchestrate the installation in the Hall
  • KK visiting DOE tomorrow
    • Full-size large conductor coil
    • same profile as Jason's
  • Next meeting August 31 at 1:30pm EST

Return to Teleconferences
Return to MOLLER at 11 GeV E09-005