Make New Entry,
Make Followup Entry
User name dalton
Log entry time 09:44:29 on November 23, 2009
Entry number 302043
keyword=Run coordinator summary
Run Coordinator's Report for Sunday November 22 Day to November 23
- A great data taking day - we took 20.3 hours of ABU over the last 24
hours in which we achieved ~700 K good LD2 pairs for slug 7 and took 4
hours of aluminum asymmetry data.
- There will be an access today at about 15h00 to change spectrometer
polarity and opportuistic cable
- A cathode spot move is planned by the injector group on Tuesday at
14h00. A moller measurement is planned for after this.
- Take production data until 12h00. Begin ramping right dipole
to zero current and field. Do BCM calibration and target boiling studies
during the ramp down. At 15h00, controlled access - techs will change
polarity of spectrometer magnets. Take reverse polarity data overnight.
A minimum of 5 hours of data is needed here. On Tuesday at 04h00 (if we
have 5 hours of data), begin ramping right dipole to zero current and
field. On Tuesday at 07h00, controlled access, techs restore
spectrometer polarity. Ramp dipole back up and resume normal production
- Three shifts need a shift leader: Shift Leader on the day
shift of Wednesday, November 25, 2009 and Shift Leader for the Owl and
Day shifts of Friday, November 27, 2009. Please sign up!
- Shift Leaders: please write a detailed shift summary (including
runs taken and any
activities) and submit the BTA for each shift. Please log CODA reboots
in the halog and shift summary.
- 3rd person: Please make sure to start and stop the HRS DAQ
at the same time as the parity DAQ and to do the prompt analysis and the
HRS analyzer for every run.
- 3rd person: please keep a careful eye on the online data display.
Most problems can be caught quickly this way.
- Please make sure that the shift checklist is done once each shift.
- Production charge taken in the 24 hours ending Sunday Owl: 3.4 C
- Total production charge taken in all, end of Sunday Owl: 27.9 C
Shift Summaries and BTA Reports