Commissioning Run Plan
From Hall A Wiki
For the Fall of 2014 assume:
- Maximum beam current = 20 μA but for short times it can go higher for boiling studies and BCM calibration.
- 7.3 GeV @ 4 pass, 5.5GeV @ 3 Pass and 3.7 GeV @ 2 pass. No five pass beam in the Fall of 2014.
- Angle restrictions with DVCS calorimeter in place:
- HRS-BL: 17.9 to 45 degrees
- HRS-BR: 46.2 to 74.5 degrees
- 1 Pre-beam Checklist
- 2 Commissioning and Calibrations
Trigger Checkout (Experts)
* Checkout trigger timing * Checkout of EDTM (Barak Schmookler) * Think about adding 60, 100, 150, and 200 ns wide electronic deadtime scalers. This has been found to be a robust method for determining electronic deadtime in Hall C and we should think about adding something similar for GMP.
HRS Detector Checkout (Detector Experts)
* Take a long cosmics run with all detectors on. * Look for dead and hot wires in the wire chambers against an earlier plot to look for any possible inconsistencies in wiring. Check these against those listed in the current analysis parameters. (Yang Wang) * Look at ADC distributions for the hodoscopes Gas Cherenkovs and lead glass calorimeters. Are they all firing? (Barak Schmookler, Longwu Ou) * Look at TDC distributions for hodoscopes and Gas Cherenkovs. Is the timing reasonable, any multiple peaks, within timing range, etc? (Barak Schmookler, Longwu Ou)
Commissioning and Calibrations
The following items should be performed during the first 1-1.5 shifts with beam on target:
* Initial trigger checkout with beam. Check timing and PID thresholds. * Initial detector checkout with beam. * Initial checks of beam position and raster.