Friday, April 12, 2013 11:00am EST
From Hall A Wiki
Previous meeting: Monday, April 30, 2012 4:00pm
- Frank: Mainz test beam basics (time constraints, beam characteristics, local infrastructure…..) emails
- Michael: Logistics for test 1) (quartz specifications, light guide design, PMTs….) Slides, brainstorm
- Piotr: PREX quartz/light guide design (this will provide us with ideas for designing a light tight geometry quickly for test 1) three documents.
- All: Discussion of counting mode DAQ needs: precision charge ADC, trigger scintillators, basic event mode DAQ….
- Nilanga: 10cmx10cm test GEM chambers (this will aid us in doing tests 2) and 3), at the very least)
- All: Discussion of goals of tests 2) and 3)
- KK: Requirements for tests 4) and 5)
- All: ideas for 6)
This section is to define goals of a potential beam test and Mainz, and what we need to know before we go.
- Pulse height spectra from various quartz/light guide geometries
- Background light from various sources for specific geometries
- Dependence of quartz response as a function of position in the quartz
- Pulse pair rms widths for various quartz/light guide geometries in integrating mode
- Noise test of full parity integrating electronics chain
- Tests of prototype tracking devices that could be used for Q2 measurement in MOLLER and P2