Thursday, December 21, 2017 4PM ET
From Hall A Wiki
Previous meeting: Thursday, December 7, 2017 4PM ET
Tasks for Simulation Subsystem to track:
- 1) LA Tech and SBU -- Simulation/Shielding and Activation : Optimizing the shielding design and develop first order practical design that can be passed to engineers, Radiation load on target clam-shell (o-ring) and magnet coils, Activation studies for various components.
- 2) Wouter -- Pion Simulation (Muon Pair Production): could be significant for pion detector
- 3) TBD -- Detectors/Simulation (Slit scattering bkgd): Comprehensive note summarizing the elimination of all 1-bounce and leading 2-bounce sources
- 4) Seamus and Yury -- General/Simulation (Radiative corrections for all physics processes): Incorporate radiative corrections for e-e and inelastic e-p scattering
- 5) Pion and Simulation Group -- Simulation/Pion (Hyperon background estimation): Strategy to evaluate the hyperon bkgd using full suite of detectors
- 6) David and Seamus -- Simulation/Tracking (Optics collimator for Q2): simulated Q2 analysis and the use of tracking GEMs and special collimation
Tasks which overlap with Integrating Detector Subsystem:
- 7) Pion Group -- Pion Simulation (Beamdump bkgd impact): beamdump bkgds may affect some detectors
- 8) Manitoba and SBU -- Detectors/Simulation (PMT backgrounds): Comprehensive estimate of all bkgds at the main detector PMTs
- 9) UVA Group -- Detector/Simulation (Main detector geometries): Optimize radial and azimuthal ring dimensions to optimize background asymmetry correction determination and systematic (Yuxiang's approach)
- 10) UVA Group -- Simulation (PMT double difference): From Qweak experience, evaluate upper limit to possible systematic from A_T in showerMax and thin quartz
- 11) SBU Group Detectors/Simulation (ShowerMax splashback): Estimate possible bkgds in main detector PMTs from shmx splashback
- 12) SBU Group -- Detectors/Simulation (Detector shielding optimization): Figure out the configuration of heavy- and light-Z shielding (First need shielding Geometry)
- 13) SBU Group -- Detectors/Simulation (Crosstalk evaluation): Evaluate impact on specific detector measurements of bkgd from other sources
Task List Summary
- Simulation tasks Task List by Dustin
- Simulation tasks Task List by Rakitha
- Main detector simulation tasks Task List by Michael
put your slides or links to elogs here:
- Background study: Ciprian slides
Attendance: Rakitha, Dustin, KK, Cameron, Ciprian
- Background study benchmark using Yuxiang's code. There are discrepancies in background rates in few cases (eAl-elastic). Rates Yuxiang obtained do not match with what Ciprian is getting using the same code.
- We will have to simulate the effect of an aluminum window if we going to keep the magnets under vacuum in such a way that keep scattered electrons under vacuum
- To test this we will add a simple vacuum window (aluminum) few hundred microns thin US of the collimator 4. Then set the US side of the window under vacuum and DS side under air.
- Cameron will implement a simple aluminum window and implement vacuum and air configuration discussed in above point
- Ciprian will then can run the simulation with moller and elastic generator to compare rates with just air in the hall and vacuum to air interface using aluminum windows.