Thursday, July 7, 2016 3:00pm EST
From Hall A Wiki
Previous Meeting: Thursday,_June_9,_2016_3:00pm_EST
BlueJeans Call Information
Phone Number: 1-800-240-2560
Meeting ID: 624029893
- Dominic: Comparing Wiser generator to modified Hall D generator.
- Scott: Implementation of lead wall and strawman pion detector.
- Any new business?
Attendees: Kurtis, Cip, Wouter, Dominic, Seamus, Rakitha, Paul
Not Attending: David, Scott
- Now has the Hall D Lund generator working in remoll.
- Is able to now compare with the previously implemented Wiser generator.
- Wouter: What is the comparison that you should be making between these two generators? Pion distributions, absolute rates.
- Seamus suggests we look at hits in radius as well at compare momentum distributions on the detector plane.
- Seamus: Did a comparison for SOLiD between this Hall D and Wiser generator along with measured data. Found the Wiser generator over-estimated the rates when compared with data. Might have compared with Pythia as well. Wiser is factors larger.
- Dominic: Will speak with Rakitha more about his comparisons he did for SOLiD.
- Rakitha compared Hall D, Geant4(long simulations), and Wiser in general. Found Hall D/Lund and Geant4 agree within 30%.
- Rakitha will send his comparisons to Dominic.
- On vacation, but plans to continue work on the lead wall and strawman detector. Will produce plots of pion rate on strawman detector vs lead wall thickness when he gets back.
- Implemented some overlap code. Found some overlaps. Nothing to be of concern.
- Rakitha will check to make sure there are no overlaps in collimators.
- Wouter checked all volumes.