Spin Flip Exception Handling
Exception Handling for spin flip system will be discussed as following.
Preventing an error from happening
Shift worker HOWTO of Exception Handling
When the system detect an exception, an error will be raised. Then:
- System status indicator on main control window and system status manager will show an ERROR state and flash.
- An alarm will sound trough speaker. The alarm could temporarily silenced from system status manager.
- Automatic Spin flip will be suspended.
To recover to normal state, one should:
- click Clear Error button on system status manager to acknowledge the alarm
- identify and resolve the source of error
- recover the automatic spin flip
There are several types of resource for experts to analysis an exception during run time or after
Text Log File
Text Log is a useful resource to trace system history. It's organized in the Message Handler window as well as recorded into a text file (also specified on Message Handler window). Basically, every step the system took, every warning and error message are recorded.
- User Report are generated by pressing "generate report" button on target Main Control GUI. It includes following sections:
- User Comment (If there is any)
- System Status variable list
- Screen Shots
- NMR Signal History
- a copy of text Log File
- Automatic Report are automatically generated after every spin flip or once an error occurred. It's a simplified version of user reports.